Even in the cupcake world there are a few lines of terms and conditions! Just a few items concerning stand hire, deposits and notice periods.
Have a read through and get in touch if you have any questions.
Deposits and payments
1. For larger orders like weddings, parties, christenings etc you will be issued with a formal quotation on confirmation of booking. You can take this away to mull it over or book with us on the spot. Booking does require a 20% deposit of the full amount. You can pay using card or cash. Bookings made in the days following the consultation can pay over the phone.
2. Payment of the 20% booking deposit guarantees a time slot in our baking schedule and is therefore non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
3. The remaining 80% of the full amount must be paid two weeks prior to the event date.
4. Consultations can also be conducted over the telephone or email, however this may lead to ambiguity of the specification. To avoid this, please provide as much detail as possible to help us understand your requirements. Website references and photographs of designs you favour are helpful indicators when dealing with customers who aren’t able to visit the shop in person.
1. We have a variety of stands to hire.
2. Each time a stand is hired, two charges make up the hire charge. The first is the hire charge and is non-refundable. The second is the hire deposit, a refundable amount returned to the customer upon return of a full, undamaged stand. We ask for a deposit to cover the full value of the stand, in case the stand is:
damaged part is missing the stand is not returned within the agreed time frame the stand is not returned at all!
3. It is the customer’s responsibility to return the stand to the shop in the condition in which it was hired.
4. We ask for the hired stand to be returned before the next weekend. Weekends are a busy time for weddings, christenings and birthdays, so by returning the stand promptly, you’re ensuring that another bride, baby or birthday person gets to celebrate in style!
1. When placing your order, we need to arrange a suitable time for collection. We do this by balancing the collection times of our existing orders with a convenient time for yourself, i.e. the event starts at noon and collection needs to be at 11am. Orders made after your order are slotted into the schedule too, making for a timetable of collection each day. Please stick to your designated collection time and arrive no earlier, because your order will not be ready and we don’t want you to be disappointed!
2. If you are unable to collect your order at the designated collection time, we will keep your order for 24 hours to allow you time to get to the shop. After this time, the cakes will be past their best and the order will be disposed of. No refunds will be made under these conditions.
3. Upon collection of the order by the customer, we are no longer responsible for the condition of the order.
4. Orders should be placed on a flat surface when traveling, such as the foot well of the passenger seat or the boot. Secure the box at the sides to ensure it does not move around during travel. Drive slowly… more slowly than you’d think, but without holding up traffic! Gift boxes are supplied with inserts to hold the cupcakes, but cupcakes are well known escape artists and will take any chance to leap about the box.
1. We reserve the right to increase our product prices, in line with any major rises in production costs. However, we do make every attempt to avoid this.
2. Confirmed bookings will not be affected by price increases.
1. We reserve the right to withdraw certain products, packages or special offers at certain times.
2. Confirmed bookings will not be affected by these withdrawals.
1. We operate a delivery service within the local area, with charges according to local postcodes.
2. Delivery to locations outside of our local area is at our discretion, based upon available resources. Charges for this service is per application, so please contact us for more details.
3. If no one is available to receive the delivery at the designated address, we will return the order to the shop and keep your order for 24 hours to allow you time to collect the order yourself. If you wish us to redeliver the order within this time period, a second delivery charge will be made. After 24 hours of the first failed delivery, the cakes will be past their best and the order will be disposed of.
4. Upon delivery of the order to the recipient, we are no longer responsible for the condition of the order.
5. We cannot accept responsibility for orders collected and delivered by a third party courier arranged by the customer
1. Provided our products are stored correctly, they are at their best on the day of baking, tasty the day after and not at it’s best! on day three.
2. Keep the cupcakes in the box in which they were collected or delivered, until they are required. We supply our cakes in confectioner’s boxes, so these are the best place for them to stay. If you transfer the cakes to an airtight container, decorations can lose their shape and the cases have the potential to peel away.
3. Keep the box in a cool place. It’s tempting, but please don’t store the cupcakes in the fridge! The cold air will dry the cakes out and change their texture completely.
4. Any cream cheese frosted cakes should be eaten on the day of purchase.
Cancellation and amendments.
1. If you need to cancel or amend the quantity required, please note that cakes are baked on the day and decorations are made during the week before the event – the more intricate, the earlier in the week they are scheduled. By providing as much warning as possible, we can avoid baking/making items that are not needed, or not baking/making enough.
2. We are more than happy to accommodate increases to orders, if we have the baking time available.
Returns and complaints
1. We work hard to ensure that the order specifications agreed with our customers are detailed and unambiguous, therefore removing room for error. We use colour swatches and photographs supplied by the customer to match buttercream colours, etc.
2. If you find that the order supplied does not match the order specification, please let us know immediately. Call the shop on 01253 822151, stating the event name and the area of concern. We will work with you to identify what the problem is and how to solve it.
3. We cannot accept a complaint regarding one of our products if that complaint is made 24 hours after delivery or collection.
4. We cannot accept a complaint regarding one of our products, if no specific evidence of the complaint is provided within 24 hours following delivery or collection. Evidence can take the form of the product itself or photographs detailing the complaint.
Changes to our T&C’s
1. Our business is continually evolving, and as such, we reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions to suit.
1. Nuts are used in products made in TLHOC kitchen, therefore we cannot guarantee that other products are nut free.